Live blood analysis (LBA), live cell analysis, Hemaview or nutritional blood analysis is the use of high-resolution dark field microscopy to observe live blood cells. Live blood analysis is promoted by some alternative medicine practitioners, who assert that it can diagnose a range of diseases.
Live Blood Analysis looks at your live red blood cells along with your immune system (white blood cells) the platelets that help your blood to clot (thrombocytes) and the plasma that they are suspended in.
Viewing your live blood under the microscope allows you and the practitioner to see “your terrain”.
Live blood analysis appointment lasts 60 - 90 minutes, your practitioner asks questions and discusses your health and gains knowledge as to your health, history, diet and lifestyle..
- The Live blood Analysis involves a tiny non-invasive pinprick on the fingertip using a sterile disposable lancet, as in a glucose level test.
- The living blood is placed immediately onto a glass slide under a microscope where it is magnified 1000 times and is projected via a camera on to a screen allowing both the practitioner and you the client to see the quality of your blood cells.
- Following this is the second technique of Dried Blood Analysis (The Oxidative Stress Test). The same blood which has been allowed to air dry is then examined under the high-powered microscope.
You leave with your pictures and a report of what has been observed will follow.
- A follow-up consultation is usually scheduled for one or two months time giving time for the blood cells time to renew themselves.
- Comparisons are made and changes in the blood picture are noted and monitored.